COVID -19 and Upper Beach Health + Wellness Response
We are have resumed our clinical services and office hours as of June 1, 2020 with new COVID-19 measures.
OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL
The health and well-being of our patients, our Upper Beach Team and our community is our top priority. The UBHW team has created new procedures and implemented some new policies to ensure the safety of all patient interactions at the clinic.
While the list is long, we have created several operational, hygiene and cleaning specific practices for the purpose of infection control and prevention. We have provided them to you.
While things are not quite our old normal, we have worked to create a new normal where you will still receive the same great care and experience.
This Appointment booking procedures will look a little different; booking will now include a symptom screening prior to your arrival at the clinic. Patients will be asked to complete a self-screening tool either online or over the phone with one of our team members at the time of booking as well as on the day of the appointment.
Any person with symptoms or other cause for concern according to the screening tool will be asked not to attend their appointment and will be referred to call Telehealth for further instruction.
INFECTION CONTROL AND OPERATIONAL PRACTICES
- DISINFECTION AND SANITIZATION
Disinfection and Sanitization of the entire clinic prior to the re-opening of the clinic – spraying down surfaces and wiping of all clinic equipment once spraying is complete.
- CLEANING OF HIGH-TOUCH AREAS AND SURFACES
Commonly touched areas include but are not limited to: light switches, doorknobs, taps, handrails, counter tops, touch screens/mobile devices, phones and keyboards and point-of-sale machines will be cleaned after each patient.
- CLEANING OF COMMON AREAS
Cleaning of reception, washrooms and any waiting room will be cleaned thoroughly multiple times of the day
- CLEANING OF TREATMENT AREAS, EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
Patient contact items must be cleaned and disinfected between each patient/use: treatment tables, exercise equipment, therapeutic tools, modalities and diagnostic tools.
All laundry will be collected after each patient use and will be laundered.
- HYGIENE PRACTICES FOR CLINICAL STAFF
All of our clinical team have been educated and trained hand cleaning and PPE use for the purpose of infection control and prevention. All UBHW Team is required to demonstrate proper hand hygiene when entering and exiting the clinic, entering and exiting treatment rooms, after contacting certain surfaces and with any direct contact with others.
All clinical team members will don the use of appropriate personal protective equipment related to patient care, cleaning and other clinical or non-clinical activities
All clinical team members will be required to change into clean clothes while at the clinic.
- HYGIENE PRACTICES FOR PATIENTS
We require a CLEAN UNUSED MEDICAL MASK to be worn in the clinic at all times for your appointment. This mask will be provided to you at a cost of 50 cents. If you chose to bring your own disposable medical mask, please arrive with it in its packaging or in a ziploc bag and it should be placed over your mouth and nose once you arrive INSIDE the clinic. Cloth masks will not permitted during treatment until further notice.
All patients and visitors will be asked to clean their hands prior to and following any clinical interactions.
- OPERATIONAL PRACTICES
Physical barriers and appropriate physical distancing measures shall be followed in the clinic.
Clinic schedule: Appointments will be staggered. This will allow physical distancing between other therapists and patients in the clinic and provides adequate time to clean and disinfect clinic equipment, treatment areas and common areas between patients.
UBHW will keep a log of every person (patient, visitors, team members, other) entering the clinic each day – as advised by our regulatory body – this log will be maintained with privacy as top priority but will serve to help with contact tracing in the event there is an exposure to COVID 19.
Patients are requested to arrive at your treatment time. The waiting room will not be available. Even though we love your pets, children, family and friends, we ask that you come alone. Only patients will be allowed to enter the clinic, unless a guardian is required.
Touchless administrative procedures will be used where possible (e-transfer, tap payments, no cash transactions and emailed receipts/statements, re-booking with practitioners)
PROCEDURES FOR PATIENTS:
PRIOR TO BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
- Please complete the Self Screening Tool provided by Ministry of Public Health of https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- If you are not at risk, proceed with booking your appointment
- Once the appointment is booked, you will receive a COVID Screening Email that must be complete prior to coming to the clinic
UPON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT AND ARRIVAL AT THE CLINIC
- Re-take the screening tool – in the event that your status has changed since the time of the initial booking please notify the clinic. Please be advised that at this time we are unable to allow clinic access to any individuals who exhibit symptoms or other cause for concern
- Arrive right on time for your scheduled appointment.
- A QR code will be on the door for self check-in if reception is not available
- A Medical Mask must be worn in the clinic and will be provided to you for a cost of 50 cents (If you chose to bring your own disposable medical mask, please arrive with it in its packaging or in a ziploc bag and it should be placed over your mouth and nose once you arrive INSIDE the clinic)
- Your temperature will be taken with a contactless infrared thermometer
- Your therapist will ask you if you reviewed our policies and will ask screening questions again (I know…I know…it is repetitive but we want to keep everyone safe)
- Proceed to wash or sanitize hands – you can walk directly to the bathroom or use the hand sanitizer located on the front desk
- Please also bring your own change of clothes if needed for your treatment (shorts, tank top, etc.) to reduce the amount of staff exposure to laundry
FOLLOWING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We hope you feel much better
- Please sanitize your hands prior to exiting the treatment room
- Check out using contactless methods where possible (tap payments), no cash transactions and email receipts and statements, re-book online/via phone call with admin staff or with your practitioner
- Exit the clinic
- Have a great day and see you soon!
Phew…that was a lot…Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these changes.
Returning for Treatment – A Patient Guide as Provided by the Canadian Chiropractic Association (May 2020)
Guidelines for Returning for Treatment with your Chiropractor
Please click here to read the PDF – CCO-Patient-Return-to-Treatment_D9